The National REDD+ Strategy seeks to promote consistency and synergies among climate change, forest and biodiversity policies. We list below the most relevant components of the federal legal and public policy framework:
- National Policy on Climate Change (PNMC): Law No. 12,187/2009 and Decree No 7,390/2010;
- National Climate Change Plan: Decree No 6,263/2008;
- Amazon Fund: Decree No 6,527/2008.
- Forest Code: Law No. 12,651/2012;
- Public Forests Management Law: Law No. 11,284/2006;
- Green Grant: Decree No. 7,572/2011;
- Atlantic Forest Law: Law No. 11,428/2006.
- National Conservation Units System: Law No. 9,985/2000;
- Priority Areas for Conservation, Sustainable Use and Biodiversity Benefits Sharing: Decree No. 5,902/2004 and Ordinance No. 09/2007 by the Ministry of the Environment;
- Amazon Region Protected Areas Programme - ARPA: Decree No. 8,505/2015.
- Article 231 of the Federal Constitution;
- Indigenous Peoples' Statute: Law No. 6,001/1973;
- National Policy for Environmental and Territorial Management of Indigenous Lands: Decree No. 7,747/2012.